- 1 What is Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
- 2 How to Apply for Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- 3 How much are Washington DC Unemployment Benefits?
- 4 How long can you receive Washington DC Unemployment Benefit?
- 5 Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
- 6 Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
- 7 Related
What is Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
Unemployment Insurance Benefit is a joint Federal and State program that provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own (as determined under State law), and meet other eligibility requirements of State law. The unemployment benefits are funded through unemployment insurance (UI) tax paid by the employers.
All states require a worker to have earned a certain amount of wages or to have worked for a certain period of time (or both) within the base period to be monetarily eligible to receive any Unemployment benefits. You cannot claim unemployment insurance if you only worked for one week at the job.
If you quit a job, you can not get unemployment benefits. You must be laid off or terminated through no fault of your own.
How to Apply for Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
If you have been fired or terminated recently, you can apply for Washington DC Unemployment Benefits using the following method.
To file a UI claim online:
To file a claim by telephone number:
How much are Washington DC Unemployment Benefits?
Your Unemployment Benefits depends on your based period, the average wage in three months. The basic base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the calendar quarter in which the claim is effective.
The maximum weekly Washington DC Unemployment Benefit is $359. You must re-certify each week and be actively seeking employment during your unemployment.
|State||Year||Maximum Weekly Unemployment Benefit||UI Term|
|Washington DC||2014-2015||$359||26 Weeks|
How long can you receive Washington DC Unemployment Benefit?
In general, you can receive up to 26 weeks of unemployment benefit. During periods of high unemployment, Unemployment benefits claimants may collect more weeks of benefits.
Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
- When should I apply for Washington DC Unemployment Insurance? As soon as possible. Unemployment Insurance benefits are not retroactive.
- What are the Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements? You must meet the following: a) Out of work due to no fault of your own b) Physically able to work c) Actively seeking work d) Ready to accept work
- How long can I get Washington DC Unemployment Insurance? Generally, you can claim Unemployment Insurance for a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Are Washington DC Unemployment Insurance benefits checks taxable? Yes, Washington DC Unemployment Insurance income is fully taxable and must be reported. You also have to report UI income on the Federal tax return.
Click here for more Frequently Asked Questions on Unemployment Insurance.
Washington DC Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
Contact the Washington DC Department of Labor for more information on Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
General Information about the Unemployment Insurance Program:
Office of Unemployment Compensation – Tax Division
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (202) 724-7000
Contact Fax: (202) 698-5706
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm