What is Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
Unemployment Insurance Benefit is a joint Federal and State program that provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own (as determined under State law), and meet other eligibility requirements of State law. The unemployment benefits are funded through unemployment insurance (UI) tax paid by the employers.
All states require a worker to have earned a certain amount of wages or to have worked for a certain period of time (or both) within the base period to be monetarily eligible to receive any Unemployment benefits. You cannot claim unemployment insurance if you only worked for one week at the job.
If you quit a job, you can not get unemployment benefits. You must be laid off or terminated through no fault of your own.
How to Apply for Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
If you have been fired or terminated recently, you can apply for Arizona Unemployment Benefits using the following method.
To file a UI claim online:
To file a claim by telephone number:
How much are Arizona Unemployment Benefits?
Your Unemployment Benefits depends on your based period, the average wage in three months. The basic base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the calendar quarter in which the claim is effective.
The maximum weekly Arizona Unemployment Benefit is $240. You must re-certify each week and be actively seeking employment during your unemployment.
|State||Year||Maximum Weekly Unemployment Benefit||UI Term|
How long can you receive Arizona Unemployment Benefit?
In general, you can receive up to 26 weeks of unemployment benefit. During periods of high unemployment, Unemployment benefits claimants may collect more weeks of benefits.
Arizona Unemployment Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
- When should I apply for Arizona Unemployment Insurance? As soon as possible. Unemployment Insurance benefits are not retroactive.
- What are the Arizona Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements? You must meet the following: a) Out of work due to no fault of your own b) Physically able to work c) Actively seeking work d) Ready to accept work
- How long can I get Arizona Unemployment Insurance? Generally, you can claim Unemployment Insurance for a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Are Arizona Unemployment Insurance benefits checks taxable? Yes, Arizona Unemployment Insurance income is fully taxable and must be reported. You also have to report UI income on the Federal tax return.
Click here for more Frequently Asked Questions on Unemployment Insurance.
Arizona Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
Contact the Arizona Department of Labor for more information on Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
General Information about the Unemployment Insurance Program:
AZ Unemployment Insurance Call Center Telephone Numbers:
- Toll Free: 1 (877) 600-2722
- Phoenix: (602) 364-2722
- Tucson: (520) 791-2722
- TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf): 1 (877) 877-6226 Toll-Free
- Contact Via Email