- 1 What is Pennsylvania Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
- 2 How to Apply for Pennsylvania Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- 3 How much is Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefit?
- 4 How long can you receive Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefit?
- 5 Pennsylvania Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
- 6 Related
What is Pennsylvania Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
Unemployment Insurance Benefit is a joint Federal and State program that provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own (as determined under State law), and meet other eligibility requirements of State law. The unemployment benefits are funded through unemployment insurance (UI) tax paid by the employers.
All states require a worker to have earned a certain amount of wages or to have worked for a certain period of time (or both) within the base period to be monetarily eligible to receive any Unemployment benefits.
If you quit a job, you can not get unemployment benefits. You must be laid off or terminated through no fault on your own.
How to Apply for Pennsylvania Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
If you have been fired or terminated recently, you can apply for Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefits using the following methods.
- Online: An online application can be filed using our secure website 7 days a week, 24 hours
- Telephone: An application can be filed on the statewide unemployment compensation toll-free number at 1-888-313-7284.
- Mail: A paper application can be mailed to a UC service center. You may download the UC paper application.
How much is Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefit?
Your Unemployment Benefits depends on your based period, the average wage in three months. The basic base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the calendar quarter in which the claim is effective.
The maximum weekly Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefit is $573. You must re-certify each week and be actively seeking employment during your unemployment.
|State||Year||Maximum Weekly Unemployment Benefit||UI Term|
How long can you receive Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefit?
In general, you can receive up to 26 weeks of unemployment benefit. During periods of high unemployment, Unemployment benefits claimants may collect more weeks of benefits.
Pennsylvania Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
Contact the Pennsylvania Department of Labor at 1-888-313-7284 for more information on Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
Allentown UC Service Center (0992)
160 W. Hamilton St., Suite 500
Allentown PA 18101-1994
TTY Local: 610-821-6771
Lancaster UC Service Center (0996)
36 East Grant Street
Lancaster PA 17602-2831
Scranton UC Service Center (0991)
30 Stauffer Industrial Park
Taylor PA 18517-9625