- 0.1 What is Idaho Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
- 0.2 How to Apply for Idaho Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- 0.3 How much are Idaho Unemployment Benefits?
- 0.4 How long can you receive Idaho Unemployment Benefit?
- 0.5 Idaho Unemployment Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
- 0.6 Idaho Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
- 1 Main Office
What is Idaho Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
Unemployment Insurance Benefit is a joint Federal and State program that provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own (as determined under State law), and meet other eligibility requirements of State law. The unemployment benefits are funded through unemployment insurance (UI) tax paid by the employers.
All states require a worker to have earned a certain amount of wages or to have worked for a certain period of time (or both) within the base period to be monetarily eligible to receive any Unemployment benefits. You cannot claim unemployment insurance if you only worked for one week at the job.
If you quit a job, you can not get unemployment benefits. You must be laid off or terminated through no fault of your own.
How to Apply for Idaho Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
If you have been fired or terminated recently, you can apply for Idaho Unemployment Benefits using the following method.
To file a UI claim online:
You may file in person. Click here to locate the nearest office.
How much are Idaho Unemployment Benefits?
Your Unemployment Benefits depends on your based period, the average wage in three months. The basic base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the calendar quarter in which the claim is effective.
The maximum weekly Idaho Unemployment Benefit is $336. You must re-certify each week and be actively seeking employment during your unemployment.
|State||Year||Maximum Weekly Unemployment Benefit||UI Term|
How long can you receive Idaho Unemployment Benefit?
In general, you can receive up to 26 weeks of unemployment benefit. During periods of high unemployment, Unemployment benefits claimants may collect more weeks of benefits.
Idaho Unemployment Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
- When should I apply for Idaho Unemployment Insurance? As soon as possible. Unemployment Insurance benefits are not retroactive.
- What are the Idaho Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements? You must meet the following: a) Out of work due to no fault of your own b) Physically able to work c) Actively seeking work d) Ready to accept work
- How long can I get Idaho Unemployment Insurance? Generally, you can claim Unemployment Insurance for a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Are Idaho Unemployment Insurance benefits checks taxable? Yes, Idaho Unemployment Insurance income is fully taxable and must be reported. You also have to report UI income on the Federal tax return.
Click here for more Frequently Asked Questions on Unemployment Insurance.
Idaho Unemployment Insurance Online and Contact Information:
Contact the Idaho Department of Labor for more information on Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
General Information about the Unemployment Insurance Program:
- New and existing claims: (208) 332-8942
- Documentation: (208) 639-3255 (fax)
317 W. Main Street
Boise, Idaho 83735
Phone: (208) 332-3570
Click here to find your nearest local office for job listings, computer access, recruiting services, and career information.